Friday, February 24, 2006

Laundry Symbols

I was laundering a couple of loads of unmentionables, mentionables, fine washables, and one-of-a-kind items tonight. I don't do laundry for a living; I do it when my clothes are dirty. So, I get frustrated when the "global economy" results in cuneiform symbols on my underwear. A billion Chinese people shouldn't have to decipher "machine wash warm".

So, if you've encountered labels that say,
"Circle, triangle, 323 degrees Kelvin, box with a circle and a dot, fish image, infinity," I hereby present to you a link to perhaps the greatest decoder ring ever: the Laundry Symbols.

Not only do my clothes look like bright and beautiful, I also discovered a t-shirt that could unravel the "Mystery of the Golden Locket." Or, it could just unravel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan McGowan said...

I do well if the stuff comes out of the washer and/or dryer in one piece! Do we really NEED that many labels to explain "wet it - dry it - wear it." As usual, I laughed till I cried - - which, of course, shrank my sweater!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home