Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lieberman to Join Cast of “Heroes”

Newly re-elected Connecticut Senator Joseph I. Lieberman has signed a six-episode deal to appear on NBC’s new series “Heroes.” “I think it’s important to emphasize,” Lieberman noted, “the producers came to me.”

Specifically, “Heroes” creator Tim Kring called the soon-to-be-four term senator, after Lieberman’s victory speech on Tuesday night in Hartford.

On that night, Lieberman noted, “I have now won re-election to the United States Senate as an independent candidate. I thank the great people of Connecticut for your support.

“Now that we have these results—you can see my superhuman powers revealed in the open. I am beyond any party or political idea. I am this planet, loving all the creatures in it, and drawing my massive strength from all living beings. Beneath my whiny, exhausted exterior, throbs the spirit and body of sleek leopard.

“I can hide my magnificence no longer. And now, I can confide in you, the adorable little citizens of this Nutmeg State, why I undertook my secret mission: I had to destroy the Connecticut Democratic Party in order to save it.

“In return for this I ask nothing. It is thanks enough to know that you’ll send me back for a fourth term in the U.S. Senate, where I shall reign as chairman of any and all committees I choose. For now, return to your towns and hamlets; enjoy the blessings of our victory, and know that I, Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, the only name you shall know me by, am ever standing, watching the sky, monitoring the great bodies of water, and doing your bidding in Washington.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home