Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg

Tonight on TVLand, Steinberg interviewed Jon Stewart. See it online.

Stewart, whether talking about politics, his kids, or what drives him as a comedian, is brilliant. And Steinberg recalls being put on Richard Nixon's "enemies list," where he was harassed, followed, the FBI contacted his friends, etc. I didn't know about that, but I did remember the joke that apparently triggered Nixon's anger. Actually, I remember Steinberg originally telling the joke, years ago, and I remember rolling on the linoleum floor of our den, gagging with laughter.

Odd to find myself lip-synching the punchline with one of the great comedians of my childhood. It was an observation:

"I'm about to tell you something about President Nixon that will change forever the way you think about him. Once you know this, you will always remember it: Richard Nixon's face... ...looks like a foot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home