Wednesday, October 22, 2008


Obama Tempted to Say Something Stupid

ABC News is reporting that Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama is tempted to say something stupid before Election Day.

In what he believed to be an off-the-record conversation with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, Obama confided, “When you run for President, every word you say is a potential controversy. So you are constantly watching what you say and how you say it. And that’s what I will continue to do.

“Look, no one said a presidential campaign would be an easy undertaking. But anyone with intelligence or creativity, which we’ve seen all across America, would eventually want to get away with a little mischief. And when you have a lead, that hankering becomes almost irresistable.

“So-- do I get the urge to say something outrageous, like ‘Sarah Palin can shoot moose but she can’t spell it?’—sure. Would I like to say, ‘My first act as President will be to send Dick Cheney out on a street corner with a cardboard sign, and see how he does out there?’ You bet. Or something like, ‘People of America, I promise never to be seen in public without my multi-colored ceremonial robe?’ No doubt.

“Sure, it’s only natural to want to have a little fun. But bear in mind, some people won’t realize that I’m kidding if I say, ‘All neo-cons should have to re-apply for U.S. Citizenship,’ or ‘Sometimes Uruguay really pisses me off.’

“My personal favorite, and the one I’d never say, is “Let me get this straight. Peter O’Toole is a movie star, Dick Armey is a congressional leader, and I’m the one with the funny name?’

The Obama campaign had no comment in response to our phone calls, but Senator John McCain called back personally to say, “I’m very disappointed in Senator Obama. And he’ll raise your taxes.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home